Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 24

Are you still looking for that unique piece of jewelry to give as a gift this Christmas? Well the Bead Genie may be able to grant your wish for a one of a kind gift. With so many beautiful piece of jewelry to choose from your bound to fall in love.

Here's a little about Bead Genie:


How long have you been crafting? I have been making jewelry almost 6 years. It went from part-time to full-time business in April 2005 when I left my engineering job to stay at home with my kids and focus on jewelry.

What inspires your art? I rarely plan my art. I occasionally have ideas I sketch based on something I've seen - like an old chandelier or an elaborate piece of ancient Grecian jewelry; but most often I get inspired by the colors and textures of the components I use.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork? I specialize in chainmaille. In fact, many of the art shows I do, I only show my chainmaille. I love sterling silver and adore gemstones - especially topaz (blue and white), amethyst, citrine, peridot, rubies, and sapphires. Yes, I have expensive taste!

See more of Bead Genie's creations on Etsy www.beadgenie.etsy.com


No comments: