Monday, December 8, 2008

Craft Christmas Day 13



When I came across Shelly's South Shore Jewelry earlier this year I was mesmerized with her work. A story came into my head, I could see a mother handing her grown daughter a small jewelry box and opening it to find a beautiful necklace. A necklace that had belong to her mother, and her grandmother, an heirloom. Shelly's South Shore Jewelry is the kind of jewelry that turns into an heirloom. Each piece has its own personality. The mermaid necklace above is by far my favorite.

Here's a little about Shelly's South Shore Jewelry:

How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting off and on as time allows for 40 years. I recently on my 50th birthday started making jewelry.

What inspires your art?
The love of texture and color inspires my art. I have been attracted to sparkling colors since a very young age.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
My favorite materials are vintage and mis. found objects.

What sets you apart from other artist?
I find my art to be different from other artists. Alot of them go for beauty-personality and individuality is my style.

Shelly's South Shore Jewelry is on Etsy at http://www.sssj.etsy.com

No comments: