Monday, December 1, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 1


This holiday season I'd like to encourage everyone to buy Handmade, and support artist. Etsy is a great place to find one of a kind gifts. Since I joined the Etsy Dallas street team I've had a chance to meet many great artist in my area. One of these artist is Shannon Moss of Bijoujuju www.bijoujuju.etsy.com. Shannon make beautiful graphic jewelry (pictured above). She is our first featured artist in the Crafty Christmas series.

A little about Shannon:

How long have you been crafting?
I started making some very spiffy pottery in preschool, and haven't stopped craftin' yet.

What inspires your art?
I am mostly inspired by nature, though my daughter's art, husband's art and design inspire me a lot. Sometimes I just get into a design by a fluke and it just works. You never know how inspiration will fall out.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
I love mixed media. That's why graphic pendants are my absolute favorite, mixing graphic design, sterling silver, and other gems.

What sets you apart from other artist?
I think the combination of graphic design in my jewelry sets my work apart. I owe that to my hubby, who is a graphic designer and fine artist. He taught me how to navigate those complicated graphic design programs.

Don't forget to check out Shannon's Etsy shop www.bijoujuju.etsy.com .

1 comment:

Justin Miller said...

These are so wonderful. Love the graphic beauty.