Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 21


Shopping for boys is hard. It seems like when it comes to clothing everything is so generic. Jodie Flowers however is trying to change that. Instead of cover tshirts in puppies and trucks, she has let her imagination take over and come up with these awesome little monster designs. Boys are sure to love them.

Here's a little about JodieFlowers:

How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting all my life. When I was little I made clothes for myself and my dolls. I went on to College and got my Bachelor of Arts Degree and now I craft in every meduim! I love them all! Painting, ceramics, sculpture, journal making, printmaking, sewing and making strange things out of polymer clay.

What inspires your art?
All different kinds of things inspire me. Color for sure! LOL! I have an almost 4 year old little boy that inspires me to make cool characters. His cartoon inspire me, his books and my childhood books, nature, the sea, fabrics inspire me....Etsy inspires me!

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
I don't have a favorite material to work in. I love them all! Sewing, recycling found objects, upcycling, painting, ceramics (this is my favorite at the moment), I am now even exploring Encaustic painting! I really go full force into everything that I am into at the moment! Love it all!

What sets you apart from other artist?
What I think sets me apart from other artists is my craftsman "woman" ship. I am very neat, clean, detailed and I put lots of love and passion into what I do and I think it shows. Not to toot my own horn or anything! LOL!

You can get your little monster one of Jodie Flower's monsters on Etsy at http://www.jodieflowers.etsy.com

No comments: