Monday, December 1, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 2



Today's Crafty Christmas featured artist is Carol of IngeniouslyCreative. Her wearable works of art are a great gift for any art lover on your Christmas list.

Here's a little more about Carol:

How long have you been crafting?
I have been a mixed media artist for 35 years and before that I was a fashion designer in Milan.

What inspires your art?
My art is inspired by the whimsical side of my rich and deeply artistic nature most of the time. Whenever I need an art fix I go to Liverpool to the Walker Art Gallery or take the ferry to Dublin just for a day of nourishing my soul with art and architecture.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
Anything I can get my hands on are my favorite materials.

What sets me apart from other artisans? Perhaps the fact that my German mother was a portrait painter and sculptress and I traveled Europe with her as a child when she had her one woman shows at some of the leading galleries on the Continent. My exposure to art at an early age was to set my path for life. She died when I was very young, but her influence still shows itself in my art and my life in general.

Check out more of Carols work in her Etsy shop, http://www.ingeniouslycreative.etsy.com .

No comments: