Sunday, February 8, 2009

Valentines Day Count Down 8


I love to decorate for the holidays, all holidays if possible. Usually I stick with window decals because my son likes to help put them up, but when I saw this wreath I threw out the stickers (sorry baby.) SouthernGirlFlorals (a Texas girl like myself), offers a variety of beautiful wreaths and floral arrangements. Forget a bouquet of flowers get your Valentine a wreath, it's so much more beautiful and will last longer.

Here is a little about SouthernGirlFlorals :
How long have you been crafting?
I have been selling my wreaths and arrangements for a little over a year now, but I have been making them for friends and family for about six years.

What inspires your art?
I am inspired by color! I may see a color pairing in a fashion magazine or even in the silk flowers themselves and create a wreath based on those colors.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
Lately I have really enjoyed using wispy flowers; stems that seem to burst out all around the wreath. I think it gives the wreaths another dimension.

What sets you apart from other artist?
I like to try out different techniques with ribbon or different color combinations within the wreath.

shop/ site link:
www.SouthernGirlFlorals.etsy.com



I love the name of these earrings "Perfect Match". La Cravate Du Chien makes some of the cutest accessories I've ever seen, I love the Blue Bird belt.

Here is a little about La Cravate Du Chien:
How long have you been crafting?
about 5 years

What inspires your art?
Almost everything. Every material i see i try to imagine how it can be transformed to art.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
Fimo clay and stones

What sets you apart from other artist?
I can't really say. I can't say i'm the best, there are so many artist out there and even if sometimes we do something simillar every one has their own style. So i guess i have my own style too.

shop/ site link:
http://lacravatteduchien.etsy.com

No comments: