Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentines Day Count Down 1

With Valentines Day nearing it's time to buy your love something special, and what could be more special than a handmade rose that will last forever! RDGDesigns.etsy.com has a beautiful selection of borosilicate glass roses that come in White, Red,Yellow, Clear and Pink. So whether it be a red rose for the love of your life, or a yellow rose for that special friend you know they will never forget this Valentines Day. RDGDesigns.etsy.com also has a great variety of vases and other handmade glass items.

Here's a little about Jane, the designer behind RDGDesigns.etsy.com:

What is your favorite Valentines gift?
Here is one of my most Valentine item. It is a red rose made of glass. I make these on the torch using borosilicate glass and a lot of heat!!!

How long have you been crafting?
I have been working with glass for the last 12 years.

What inspires your art?
The nature of life inspires my art in that I like the way light and glass interact. It produces all different ranges and impressions, as does life.

What is your favorite medium/ method?
I use only glass, although I do use gold and silver at times, but just to fume the glass.

What sets you apart from other crafters/artist?
I think just the medium itself sets me apart from other artist, but other than that probably not much.

Make sure to stop by RDGDesigns.etsy.com for more beautiful glass work.

No comments: