Saturday, June 20, 2009

Look mom I'm baking!



Well I'm not the best cook in the world, but I love to make things. I have this crazy part of my brain that thinks I can make anything I see. My friend and I have been planning a joint birthday party for our little ones, they are 1 week apart in age. We decided on a pirate and mermaid theme. We were trying to decide what kind of cake to have, and came up with a sandcastle. Both of us are artist, we love to craft, but cooks we are not. So I decided to give it a test run and try to make a sandcastle cake. I didn't turn out perfect, but now I know what I need to do to make it right for the party.

These are the test run cake pictures. The next one will be bigger, better, and neater. It was fun making it, my grandma supervised and gave me tips on how to make it better. I will post pictures of the party cake next month after the party :)

P.S. Excuse the messy kitchen, it's been a long day.

No comments: