Friday, April 3, 2009

Sweetheart Shrines


I've admired the art of shrine making for a while now. I had never really tried my hand at it until recently. Shrine making is so much fun, there are so many ways to make them. I used some small shadow boxes to start out with. I sat at me table covered in pin up print outs, paint, sequins, glitter pens and flowers. I wasn't sure where I was going with everything spread out. Then I grabbed a pin up and started to glitter her. I put her on top of a piece of glitter card stock, but it was just too plain. So I drew on the glitter paper with glitter pens.... oh on glitter overload! Then they started to come together. I knew what I wanted to make, and I went full force, 5 shrines at once! I was cutting, glittering, and gluing all over the place. When it was all over these are what I ended up with. I think they came out cute, I'm addicted now. I have a few black boxes left that I need to fix up. My next project is a stack of plain brown frames. I have an idea, but you'll just have to wait and see what I come up with.

No comments: