Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to Blogging


2009 was a long hard year. I've gone back to school, which has caused me to slack on things like this blog. I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things while I'm on break right now, and hopefully keep up with my blog on the weekends.

This weekend I've been taped to my work table (literally at times) working on duct tape projects for the teen trend class I'll be teaching the next few months. Some of the projects I came up with are a duct tape wallet, an iPod touch case, rose hair clip and a cuff bracelet. Working on these projects really took me back. In high school m cousin and I were obsessed with making things out of duct tape. Lucky for us her mom kept us stocked up with all the colors we could imagine. We made wallets, and belts, even tote bags. They were so much fun. Now I'm back making cute things out of something most people consider ugly. Here are some pictures of this weekends projects. The next duct tape project I plan on making is a guitar strap for my little cousin, she's excited and so am I.

iPod case
cuff bracelet
rose hair clip
wallet

No comments: